Real Yazd Persian Rugs & Oriental Carpets at OLDCARPET
Oldcarpet Real Persian Rugs Shim
1-888-493-1833
  Buy Persian Rugs and learn how to buy Persian rugs and Oriental Carpets Sale Antique rugs and Clean Area Rugs in good price at Old Carpet
Oldcarpet Shim Banner
 Oldcarpet shim bannerSpanish English
OLDCARPET shim spacerCarpet By Zone
OLDCARPET shim spacerOLDCARPET bar space
OLDCARPET shim spacerHow to ...?
OLDCARPET shim spacerOLDCARPET bar space
OLDCARPET shim spacermessageboard
OLDCARPET shim spacerOLDCARPET bar space
OLDCARPET shim spacershopping Rugs
OLDCARPET shim spacerOLDCARPET bar space
OLDCARPET shim spacerFAQs
OLDCARPET shim spacerOLDCARPET bar space
OLDCARPET shim spacerAuctions
OLDCARPET shim spacerOLDCARPET bar space
OLDCARPET shim spacerAbout us
OLDCARPET shim spacerOLDCARPET bar space
OLDCARPET shim spacerHome
OLDCARPET shim spacerOLDCARPET bar space
OLDCARPET shim spacer

Want to Know More About Persian Rugs and Carpets
... Learn, Learn, Learn:
   Buyer's Guide
   Your Suggestions
   Still Have Questions

 
Stop Looking arround! We can fix majorty of the rugs! Free Shipping!
 
Cheapest Domian Name Registartaion!
 
Magazine about Oriental Rugs
YAZD Rugs(JOZAN)
 
Click here for your favorite Persian Rugs and Carpets,Oldcarpet.com,Everything About Persian Rugs
 
 
 
  > Southern IRAN> YAZD    
 
 
 

YAZD Carpet Properties:

Visibility: YAZD rugs and carpets usually have a single medallion in the center. Very rarely, one can find a YAZD carpet with small medallions scattered all over the carpet.

Quality: YAZD rugs and carpets are of very good quality and are quite durable, so they are an excellent choice for a high traffic area.

Size & Shapes: YAZD rugs and carpets come in different sizes, but the majority of them are mid-size (4 x 6 to 8 x 10 feet). It is very hard to find good, large size YAZD carpets (10 x 18 feet) except for some antique ones.

Color: Strong red in the background and a brownish border are the main indicators of a YAZD rug or carpet. Pink is the color of choice to create an abstract background in many rugs from YAZD. Other colors such as soft green and khaki appear in newer ones. Blue is a rare color in YAZD rugs and carpets.

Texture: YAZD rugs and carpets usually have thick pile.

Foundation: Warps is mostly cotton; wefts is usually cotton.

Knots: Weavers in YAZD use Persian knots. The quality of the carpet depends on the number of knots, which varies, but averages around 120 KPSI (30 RAJ). In good antique ones, you can find higher KPSI (270-324)..

Price: YAZD rugs and carpets are fine and beautiful. Expect to pay $3-$12 Per Square Foot (PSF) for a very prized and beautiful carpet from YAZD. Keep in mind that, as a rule, the higher the KPSI, the greater is the price.
Persian Oriental Rugs Value Persian Oriental Rugs Value Persian Oriental Rugs Value Persian Oriental Rugs Value

More info on YAZD rugs at Jozan.com.
More info on YAZD rugs at JBOC's Notes.

Dowlat Abad, YAZD
Dowlat Abad Garden
[1747 A.D]YAZD
Where is YAZD?

The city of YAZD is 689 kilometers (428 Miles) from Tehran. It is the provincial capital and is the largest and most inhabited town in the province. It is located in an extensive valley facing the central desert of IRAN. Its weather, consequently, is hot and arid in summer and cold in winter. YAZD is divided into 7 districts, each including at least one town and a number of villages. These districts are: :
  • Abarqou (Abarkouh)
  • Ardakan
  • Bafq
  • Maybud
  • Mehreez
  • Taft
  • YAZD

Wind Towers, YAZD
Wind Towers
YAZD
The population of the province of YAZD in 1996 was 750,769, of which 75.15% were urban dwellers and the remaining 24.85% were villagers. The city of YAZD is the administrative center (provincial capital), the largest town in the area and the most inhabited town in the province. YAZD is the center of Zoroastrian IRAN. Zoroastrianism was the official religion of IRAN before Islam.

Zoroastrain Fire Temple, YAZD
Zoroastrians Fire Temple
YAZD

Return to top of page



Map of IRAN

 
 
Buy Real Persian Rugs and Carpets From OLDCARPET
Buy Real Persian Rugs and Carpets from OLDCARPET
 
Typical YAZD Carpet
Typical Fine Carpet From YAZD
Typical YAZD Carpet
Unusual rare Carpet From YAZD
Typical Yazd Carpet
Typical Fine Carpet From YAZD
Typical Yazd Carpet
Typical Fine Carpet From YAZD
 
 
  
COPYRIGHT © 1999-2016 OLDCARPET.
DISCLAIMER AND TERMS OF USE
     Privacy Policy  Rug Links  site map