Oldcarpet Real Persian Rugs
Posted Massage:
 *Posted by Afshin Nejad on November 16, 2003 at 19:23:50:
 *In Reply to: kashmar Rugs posted by kent taylor on November 15, 2003 at 03:00:06:
 *Message was: Hi Kent

I am not sure buying a rug from hotel rug dealers is the best deal however is more convinced. I do not have a magic ball but $1700(US) for 10 x 13 pure silk! WOW! Something is not right! Even the cheap Chinese silk rugs are getting sold more than $1700.00 even in Oman. Regarding the KPSI have a type measurement and count the number of the knots on the back of the rug yourself.

May be you are buying Kashmir rug from India. Kashmir rugs have pure silk however so far I never seen a silk KASHMAR rug from Iran. If you are looking for more information about KASHMAR rugs:

http://www.oldcarpet.com/kashmar.htm

If you are looking for descent deal get out off hotel and go to local rug bazaar just make sure you have a local friend (Omani) with you all the time. You select any rug and let him or her does the talking and you see the difference in price.
It is sad but its true in Middle East many merchants are looking to American as walking bank. Rug dealers especially in HOTELS! Stay away from them! They try to make as much as they can in one transaction. No offense to any honest rug dealers in any Hotel anywhere in the world!
Kent! Negotiate! Negotiate! Negotiate! That is magic word on any deal especially on the rug.
Do your homework before you open your vault.
I hope you can find a right rug.

Good luck
Afshin Nejad

Kashmar rugs
 *Follow Ups:
 Post a Followup

Name:
 E-Mail:
 Subject:
 Comments: 

Link URL(Optional):
 Link Title: