Oldcarpet Real Persian Rugs
Posted Massage:
 *Posted by HASSAN on April 20, 2003 at 09:20:27:
 *In Reply to: Re: Kashan Ghotbi Rug posted by Amir, on December 05, 2002 at 16:41:12:
 *Message was: : Hossein jan,

: Thank you for your quick reply. just wondering why do you say "As I understand it Ghotbi rugs are mostly high quality with Raj of 35 - 45 (which is high for the Kashan's made in 1960 - 1980)." .

: Are the Kashans woven after 1980 usually higher or lower in raj? Or do you mean the overall quality is not as good as the old ones?

:
: Thanks for keeping such an informative website.

: Amir

: : Hello Amir:

: : Thanks for your message. Ghotbi is one the famous designers whose wrokshops produced many fine rugs in Kashan. Ghotbi among other repuatble names (i.e. Mohtasham, etc.) just made great rugs. Unfortunately, there are many Kashan rugs being sold with a fake signature of Ghotbi.
: : As I understand it Ghotbi rugs are mostly high quality with Raj of 35 - 45 (which is high for the Kashan's made in 1960 - 1980).

: : Like anything else if you could see the rug, it is best to just examine and make sure it is the quality that you want. Forget about whether it is made by Ghotbi or anyone else.

: : If you can not see the rug, then you have to rely on the reputation and honesty of the dealer.

: : Hope this helps,

*Follow Ups:
 Post a Followup

Name:
 E-Mail:
 Subject:
 Comments: 

Link URL(Optional):
 Link Title:
 Image URL(Optional):

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion for oldcarpet.com ] [ Home ]