Oldcarpet Real Persian Rugs
Posted Massage:
 *Posted by Celena Dyer on January 14, 2003 at 15:58:47:
 *Message was: Hello, I came to your site by an internet search about Tabriz rugs. I currently have an antique Tabriz that is very worn that I am looking to replace. I have questions about specific designs on the rug, like what type of flowers (are they lotus?), and what some of the other designs in the rug are called. Also, I recently saw a beautiful Tabriz up for auction on eBay that had deer and birds wovem into it. I have never seen this in Tabriz Rugs, is this common? Also, if I sent you a few pictures of specific parts of my rug, would you be so kind as to tell me the proper names of them? With so many different styles of Persian rugs, I really need to be using the correct words while searching and shopping. Most people just call the designs "medallions" but I know there are more specific names, and at one time I had them written down when I purchased the rug, but I cannot find the list of proper terms. Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated. Someday I will have my original rug re-woven and repaired, but right now it is cheaper to replace it. I love the birds and deer, and the several flower designs---I have seen the birds and deer in Kashmar rugs, but just this once in Tabriz, and I am really amazed, and hope I can find another in the colors I need. Thank you for your time!!!~~Celena
 *Follow Ups:
 Post a Followup

Name:
 E-Mail:
 Subject:
 Comments: 

Link URL(Optional):
 Link Title:
 Image URL(Optional):

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion for oldcarpet.com ] [ Home ]