Oldcarpet Real Persian Rugs
Posted Massage:
 *Posted by Leesa G on January 13, 2003 at 15:55:36:
 *Message was: I have two rugs on loan from Bloomingdales to evaluate in my home for the next few days and am trying to figure out 1) if they are valued properly, and 2) which is the better quality of the two. They are both unused and approx. 8'2 x 11'6", made in Iran, Nain design, wool. They are very similar in pattern and color (navy and light blue, ivory, camel, olive, red/rust, white), however one has a medallion and the other does not.
Here are the details on each rug:
1. The one without the medallion has a "signature" on the bottom border of the face of the rug. The exact size is 11'6 x 8'3". There is no cloth tag stapled to the back, just the tag from Bloomingdale's, which contains the information that it is Persian, wool, Nain design, made in Iran. The salesperson told me that this rug has some silk; mainly the white highlights on the outside of the designs. It is a tighter weave and a bit thinner than the other
rug. The colors are lighter and brighter and crisper than the other. The largest inside portion of the rug is navy background. It is the more expensive of the two. The price tag says the original price is $19,659; sale price $9,830. However, the price I would pay after some discounts would be $4,178).

2. The other rug has a medallion and less blue background than the other because the medallion has a beige background in the middle. The design is not as detailed and a bit looser (bigger). The weave is also looser and the rug is a bit thicker than the other. The colors are darker (instead of ivory, it's more of a camel color and darker beige) and there are a few very small spots of bright green, whereas the other rug has no bright green. The exact size is 11' 6" x 8' 2". The tag states that it is Nain design, made in Iran, wool. The cloth tag on the back of the rug has the initials M.M.Z. The price tag says the original price is $9,630; sale price $4,815. However, the price
I would pay after some discounts would be $2,865).
Thank you for your help!

*Follow Ups:
 Post a Followup

Name:
 E-Mail:
 Subject:
 Comments: 

Link URL(Optional):
 Link Title:
 Image URL(Optional):

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion for oldcarpet.com ] [ Home ]