Oldcarpet Real Persian Rugs
Posted Massage:
 *Posted by Hossein on August 18, 2002 at 00:36:26:
 *In Reply to: Price of carpets posted by Ada on August 16, 2002 at 13:36:32:
 *Message was: The pricing issue of Persian Rugs is in fact a controversial one. I was also very surprised with the pricing guide given here. But when I checked how they are calculated, I noticed these are the prices paid on Ebay auctions and does NOT EVEN INCLUDE the insane SHIPPING FEES charged by some dealers.
In fact, I have bought rugs where the shipping fee was higher than the cost of the rug. So with that in mind, one needs to add at least $1.00 to the prices Per Square Feet. Add to that the fact that over 95% of rugs sold on Ebay are on the low end (read dealers unloading their unwanted inventories), then you get the picture.

I think when it comes to Kashan Rugs, you should expect to pay anywhere from $7.00 to $20.00 per square feet for a decent rug. Then there are those rare occasions where a 3X5 Kashan yielded over $2500 on Ebay. That was an antique silk Kashan over 90 years old.

In sum, even in today's 'buyers market' a quality rug still commands a high price, may be not as high as 3-5 years ago. Buying online from a reputable dealer is still you best bet, if you know what you are buying.

Good wishes,

*Follow Ups:
 Post a Followup

Name:
 E-Mail:
 Subject:
 Comments: 

Link URL(Optional):
 Link Title:
 Image URL(Optional):

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Discussion for oldcarpet.com ] [ Home ]